Try HBMP+

Options
Fethi ZERARA
Fethi ZERARA Active Partner
May Badge of the Month Community Captain First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights

Hello everyone, i'd like to know what should i do to get that option under the 'High Performance Mode' in setting up a data flow that tries to 'Force the use of HBMP mode.' 

Answers

• Hi,

You should work on the structures of the cubes involved in your dataflow, so that the HBMP mode will be used (see links below).

Which version of BOARD are you using ? the current last version 10.1.4 doesn't have this option to "force" the HBMP mode.

this website has many resources on this topic, after a short search, here a few suggestions for reading:

1. 'Try Force HBMP Mode' in a DataFlow 
    2. Data Flow does not run in HBMP mode 
    3. Dataflow execution methods: high performance in depth 
    4. and maybe §7. DATA FLOW TUNING for you: Best Practices for Performance Tuning on big data models 

Regards,

• Fethi ZERARA
    May Badge of the Month Community Captain First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    Options

Thank you ! , i'd like to know what should we do if we have the 10.1.4 to fore HBMP+ mode?

• Which one are you using now ?

• Fethi ZERARA
    Options

i'm using Board 10.1.4 

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Strange, I use 10.1.4 as well and i have another interface:

Anyway, I think you cannot force the HBMP+ mode, but you can work on the structures of the cubes involved in the dataflow (you might need creating service cubes for this). I have posted a few links regarding this. You should have enough information there i hope.

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi interested typ.

to activate "Force HBMP" option you should flag the option "Show layout script tab" from Board options panelimage

• Thanks!

• Fethi ZERARA
    Options

Thank you so much !

• Peter van Bennekom
    Peter van Bennekom Active Partner
    First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks - interesting - how did you figure this out? I do not link the toggle "Show layout script tab" and "Try Force HBMP mode"

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Hi Peter van Bennekom

A Board guy told me this in the previous year Boardville event

forcing HBMP may have undesired effects and may lead to some wrong calculation.

So pay attention, and always test and check results of such processes.