Formatting of numbers in WEB browser

Options
dirk magerkord
dirk magerkord Customer
First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited April 2020 in Platform

When displaying in the web browser, I encounter the following problem:
All numerical values in the graphs show the number format 123,456.78 while the tables show the correct number format 123.456,78.
The settings on the server are set correctly. Is there any switch to get these settings in the graphics?

Formatting of numerical values in the browser

wrong representation

Correct representation

Anybody have an idea?

Answers

• I hade that same problem.  This depends on the language of the profile that is set up in the Security under Security Profiles.  I needed the language to be English so I put English (Europe) in the profiles and that solved this problem.  

I hope this helps.

Thora

• dirk magerkord
    dirk magerkord Customer
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thank you for the advice!
    Unfortunately, this alone does not seem to be the solution. I have already "experimented" with the most different language settings, but no matter which language setting I use, the formatting is retained.
    Deleting the browser cache does not affect the display in the form either; - (

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

did you canged the regional settings for your account or for the system?

Cause it might help to change it for the system account.

I'll copy the steps from a different post:

1) Change the Language (Region) from Region & Language
    2) In the Adminsitrative tab of the Region & Language window, press Copy Settings
    3) Activate both flags in the popup window:
    - Welcome screen and system accounts
    - New user account
    4) Press OK
    5) Press Apply and then OK
    6) Restart your machine
    7) Test Board again

• I notice now that you are only having this problem with the charts/graphs!! 

• dirk magerkord
    dirk magerkord Customer
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hmmmh, I already did it!

The screenshot shows the current settings. More is not possible (or maybe it is?)
    Result negative, customer at a loss; -)
    I will now try again and send the server to a longer reboot; -))

• Etienne CAUSSE
    Options

Hi,

I noticed the same kind of issue with different display, but this time in label displays.

If I display a number via a label using a cube, I get a given format. If I compute a text with an algorithm in a layout and display it in a label, the same number will have a different format (for example I create a text by concatenating the number with its currency).

I also noticed the difference may appear or not depending on the language settings of the browser, in my case Chrome.

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi Dirk,

you're settings are correct. I did some short testing (and a quick search in our Ticket System) and it seems, that the number format of markers in charts are displayed in a wrong way (due to the used component) and our Lab is working to fix this in a future release.

regards

Björn

• dirk magerkord
    dirk magerkord Customer
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi,

This seems to be a bug in the board web server.
    I have now tried out various formats. The output in the data views is correct, the graphics are unfortunately "incorrect". The same applies to the display in the label objects.
    I had been questioning this in the support department for quite some time, but they couldn't really help me there. That's why I first looked for the error here at my place (and didn't find it)

• dirk magerkord
    Options

Uuups, I was faster; -)
    see below!