can we get checkbox count when data entry enabled without saving into the cube?

Options
Ravichandra Aj
Ravichandra Aj Active Partner
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited April 2020 in Platform

I have a layout enabled with data entry. when i select or deselect checkbox till i manually save/undo my backend procedure won't run .

what i expected is when i click on checkbox ,my backend procedure should run on the fly and should display my count on how many checkboxes selected.

right now count value is 10 and i already selected for optioncolour - 44075840BLACK and Module A . value will update to 11 when i save manually . on the fly i should display me value as 11. 

how to achieve this ? 

option colour - 440758430BLACK module A - checkbox

Tagged:

Answers

• Pietro Ferrari
    Options

Hello Rav, 

the procedure won't run until the changes are saved, this is a desired behaviour. The same happens if you have a numeric data-entry: when a number is changed it is highlighted in green and procedures won't run until the data-entry is either committed or discarded (clicking save or undo). The procedure won't run because if the new value is not committed then it's not in the cube therefore the procedure calculation would consider the "old" value which may not be what the user expects (the user sees a number but the calculation would use a different number, not desirable).

I'm not completely sure that I understand what is your desired behaviour but you could try a simple thing: go to screen properties, and disable the "save/undo data entry" property. The effect will be that as soon as you click on the checkbox, the value is committed to the cube and then you can trigger the procedure immediately, at any time. 

Best regards, 

Pietro

• Ravichandra Aj
    Ravichandra Aj Active Partner
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

let me put in this way without writing a procedure or writing into a cube . can we achieve this ? board has that feature for data entry temporary select/undo count? 

if it has the feature i want to show the value  in a particular label .

Regards, 

Ravi