Data Picker -

Options

Hello all,

today i started to familiarize myself with the topic nexel and data picker. Now I tried to enrich values from one cube with a column from another cube. Here I come also fast to a result, which I cannot explain to myself however.

The dimension of the value seems to overflow. Can anyone give me a hint which thought error I am making here?

Formula editor

On the left side: Data Cube V087

On the right side: Formula Editor result with one Entity Selection - value is much higher than in the cube.

Thank you,

TF

Tagged:

Answers

• dirk magerkord
    Options

Hi Tobias Feldmann,

as far as i know, there are restrictions concernig the syntax in data picker. I‘m not sure, if you can use a sum(@[Vxxx]....) formula. 

have a look here BOARD Data Picker Functionality 

Dirk

• Tobias Feldmann
    Options

Hi Dirk Magerkord,

so without the sum function and an array of all Entity Selection I get no value. So I think I go a step back and start again with Nexel Sample financial planning. Mayby some simple failure in my understanding of this functionality.

Thank you,

Tobias

• Tobias Feldmann
    Options

Hi,

So after further test I find out the function will not work on data picker. But I solved the problem with a workaround for my problem. =min(@[V087]{Entity=1000}) bring me the integer and =max(@[V087]{Entity=1000}) the dec digit. The sum of this to values is my solution. The dec digit is related to the size of the integer so that i have to calculated the value with up to 14 dec digits. I think this is not a plan use of this Data Picker.

Tobias

• dirk magerkord
    Options

I think this is not a plan use of this Data Picker.

I totally agree with you!
    I am also not happy with the given options of the Data Picker. All this is not meant to the end!

There would certainly be more to go!
    Let's hope that in future BOARD versions new features will be available, because it is an interesting approach to be able to access individual data directly

Dirk