Unassigned Entities (time entities in the entities menu)

Options
Eduard Sales
Eduard Sales Active Partner
Advocate First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Hi,

I've just encountered an issue in a customer I haven't seen in some time: a database which its time entities suddently show up in the Entities menu, on the bottom part of the list, inside a group tagged as "Unassigned entities".

- Board version: 9.0.3

- Database was created from scratch 2 weeks ago

- Database contains 2 very simple hierarchies plus a bunch of stand alone entities

- Database contains only 1 cube

I do not recall any error message or anything similar showing up. Today, I just entered on the entities tab and the time entities where on the bottom of the list.

In previous Board versions, the "unassigned entities" where a very bad sign, usually pointing to a corrupt database.

Is this still the case?

Is there any root cause explaining this behaviour?

Do we know how to stop the time entities showing up?

(attached screenshot)

Any help or similar experiences will be apprecaited!

Thank you,

Eduard

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello Eduard,

the issue is showing some sort of corruptions in the database, but it would be better to analyze specifically your case through a ticket. Could you open it and attach the database to it (if you have the version prior the Unassigned Entities group it would be perfect)?

Thanks

Davide

• Eduard Sales
    Options

Thanks Davide, will do so

Eduard

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Eduard,

Did you reach a conclusion on this topic? I have the same issue with one of our database?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Marcel

• Eduard Sales
    Options

Hi Marcel,

Not really, Board Support team was unable to find a reason to explain the "database corruption", at least in my case. I suggest you to send them the corrupted DB, maybe in your case there's a clear explanation.

I always had the suspicion that it was related with the custom time entities. I recall having a couple of them in the DB, and somehow I think that not correctly defining the relationships with custom and not custom time entities, created the corruption. But it's just a guess...

As obvious alternatives, you can try to create de DB from scratch or recover a backup.

Sorry I cannot help you with a clear conclusion...

Thanks,

Eduard

• Hello Eduard,

after some analysis, we were able to confirm that the Unassigned Entities is not a sign of database corruption. The issue is only at visualization level. We got to the root of the problem and prevent this from happening in Board 11. But we are not able to get rid of the Unassigned Group if it is already there. But again, don't worry, it is not causing any harm to the application.

Best Regards

Davide