GVA Introduction video

Options

I was asked by my company to put together a short high level video demonstrating three aspects of our external client tool.  Whilst discussing this with Andrew Rae, I found that I could not share with him the content and so decided to share it here for all to see.  I welcome any feedback and opinions.

At the time of creation, I had switched from the limiting 'Windows Movie Maker' to the feature rich 'Shotcut' but had not had time to add credits.

So, here they are:

Credits

Created by Paul Wyatt - GVA

Software:

CAMSTUDIO for screen capture

SHOTCUT for Video Editing and production 

Music 'Memories' by bensounds.com

Tagged:

Answers

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing! Really love the look-and-feel of your application. Only thing that disturbs me is the bad rendering of the "Capsules -> GVA Investor Demo" icon throughout the "slides".

Looking forward to seeing you again at BOARDVille

All the best,
    Jonathan

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

Thank you very much for that Jonathan.  Independent views are so valuable when trying something brand new and to receive positive feedback only motivates me further. 

Regarding the production, I had a very tight turnaround - a day - which included first learning how to use the opensource software - SHOTCUT.  The still I used for the links is very poor and I had not even noticed until I had delivered the film, but I will pay closer attention to detail after your observation. 

From a technical standpoint, whilst the film is very short and simple, getting to grips with the software, overcoming its nuances and handling random crashes added to the pressure, but I had to know that I could amend anything once delivered.

As it is now, I consider myself of intermediate ability with SHOTCUT and look forward to creating content that will help to communicate complex concepts in a relaxing and enjoyable manner and without the need for narration or a physical presence.