Can I use a selection when extracting a cube?

Hiya,

I'm pretty new to playing around with Board, so forgive me if this is a simple question.

I've got a cube in one database with the dimensions of: Period, Branch, Category, GL and Scenario.

I want to extract the cube, but only where there are values against Scenario 3, to copy into a cube in another database (dimensions of Period, Branch, Category and GL).

I set up a simple procedure where I selected Scenario 3 and then the second step extracts the cube.

When I've imported it into the second database, it appears that data from all the scenarios are present.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Do I have to have an entity for Scenario set up in my second database and the cube structured the same?

Emma

Tagged:

Answers

• Dear Emma Howard,

thanks for your request.

For general the procedure you build up should work as expected from your side.

Never the less you can also do the following.

Build up temporarily cube on your source database. This one should have the same dimensions instead the version.

In your procedure you select the version to extract and first perform a dataflow to your temporarily cube.

In second step you extract your temp cube and got the wished behavior.

regards

Alexander Kappes