Export to Excel error

Options

Anyone in the community had this error pop up before when extracting to Excel?

Tagged:

Answers

• Andrea Masiero
    Options

It's probably because you have a special character in the layout title (which will become the sheet name of your excel) and this can't be exported in excel. 

This is a first thing i would control...

• Brendan Broughton
    Brendan Broughton Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thanks Andrea, but the layout is in the BFC Internal Reporting capsule, and there are no special characters in the title so it must be something else.

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

Can also be something within entity templates you applied. Try to extract without any template.

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

This occurs when there are specific border colours applied - so you need to update the Entity Formatting and remove borders.  (Our company does have tickets raised with Board about this - one suggested workaround is that the data-view should be able to be successfully exported from Web, rather than the Windows client ... although I'm yet to confirm this myself).  Hopefully the fix will not be too far away, as we now have several clients getting frustrated by this issue