Best colour for BOARD data input cells in a DataView?

Options
Unknown
edited April 2020 in Platform

I'm looking for opinions as to what colours you think are most appropriate for BOARD data input enabled cells in a DataView.

As most BOARD users are probably aware, the default is a pale yellow (R255 G250 B205) background with a black text:

You can of course change this default within a capsule and copy the formatting settings to all of your DataViews, but don't forget about the Corporate Identity Designer to set the default for all of your DataView data entry.

So, styles and colours go in and out of fashion and a quick internet search suggests that, in spreadsheets anyway, an option for data entry or hard-coded cells might be dark blue on the default white background.

I would be interested to hear people's suggestions, maybe with screen shots too.

Many thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Gerrit Kohrs
    Gerrit Kohrs Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Hi Phil Marshall,

such a simple question, but reason for lengthy discussions nontheless. :-)

Quite often customers decide on a light green background, because green signals that you're allowed to do something. Of course you need to be careful with block alerts then...

Kind regards,

Gerrit

data entry formatting dataview 

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    edited March 2020
    Options

I  commonly use yellow (#FFFFFF00) or light grey (#FFF2F2F2) as background colour for data entryimageimage