Data entry and layout performance

Options
William Le
William Le Customer
First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
edited April 2020 in Platform

Dear All,

I have 2 questions about Layout.

1. How can enable data entry for the black cells, do i need to fill something in the back cells then they will be enable to edit.

2. When i put 3 different entities ( no relationship between them) in the row of Layout. It takes a lot of time and sometime i can't wait. Does anyone have any solutions for this. Sometime i know that only few rows will be displayed, but it takes very long time and i dont know it can be display or not. I really need to put 5 different entities and now i can see the detail for each row by drilldown only.

Thanks all,

William Le

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear William Le,

thanks for your request.

To get the empty cells ready for dataentry you have to change the DataView to Leave Level of the Cube. I think you are working on aggregation.

Alternatively you can also have a look for the pattern based allocation to get it work: Split and Splat Based on Cube 

Concerning the request with the 3 entites by Row. BOARD is checking each possible combinatiobn between this three dimensions before data is shown. Means when you reduce the screen selection for the 3 dimension it will go faster.

Perhaps a selector or pager can also improve the performance. The ideal case for you depends to your demand, because of this I only can give some indications and general advices.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• William Le
    Options

Thank you very much for your reply Alexander. in my case, eventhough i put 4 papers, it can't display the layout. I know that it contains only one or two rows, but it still cant display, but use drilldown, it can display. Do you have any ideas for this?

• Hi William Le

At Boardville 2018 Board presented a really useful paper that covered some of the options for resolving issues with balancing the requirements of complex data entry and performance "Ergonomics vs Multidimensionality in Data Entry".

Alexander Kappes couldn't this be released in the 'Resources' section as I am sure many would find it useful, particularly William.

Rgds

Robert