Multiple different selections

Options

I have a few cubes with 5 dimensions . One of the dimensions is Entity_A with members A1 to A12. Screen has three dataviews all showing the same cubes / entities / algorithms. User can click a button (one per dataview) to select the dimension to show - user clicks button for Left and selects for instance A2, user clicks button for Middle and selects A7 etc.

How do i make the three dataviews show different values for that dimension? A screen selection would set them for all three. Would "Apply Selection To Layout Block" be the solution or is there something else?

Tagged:

Answers

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Hi Peter van Bennekom

the Apply Selection To Layout Block placed in a procedure changes the reference of a block where the "Refer to" is applied.

It could be a solution but using the "refer to" option the report becomes less flexible, since the "refer to" works indipendently from the screen selection and a user cannot change it.

Now, I should see the dataview and understand how people use this screen to suggest a best fitting solution.

An idea could be:

If the user always select 1 item of Entity_A, you can place the 3 dv in 3 different panels with ATO option enabled. Placing a pager the user can indipendently select different items by each of them

hope this helps