How to give control to delete/remove an entity member to end user?

Options

Hi all,

I am currently building an retail planning application in which the we are giving the flexibility to the end user to load the master data (Store details) into the entities. In addition to this, we want to give the flexibility to remove a particular store detail in case the use want to do so. Let's suppose the user want to close a store at particular point of time then he should able remove the details of that store from the entity(i.e. that particular entity member).Helmut HeimannAdam ElvinFelix CsanadyAudrey Nobles

Tagged:

Answers

• Gerrit Kohrs
    Gerrit Kohrs Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Hi,

exactly, listen to Björn!  ;-)

For the exact same reasons stated above we often use a "Status"- entity with members like active, inactive, new, deleted etc. This can also be used in other contexts, for example if you only want to plan new articles in a sales planning application or if you want to exclude projects that you don't want to see in a capacity planning environment and so on. The relation to this "Status"-Entity can easily be changed by the user.

What you can think about in addition to that is running a clean-up job every few weeks or months depending on the size of the entity, where you define which elements to keep. This should in my opinion always be a centralized process, though and not triggered by the individual user.

Kind regards,

Gerrit