Usage Statistics Dashboard

Options

Hi Guys

I would like to create a Board dashboard that displays usage statistics for Board dashboards.

At a high level, I would like to know who is using which reports and when, but I would also like to gather figures that can inform future report and dashboard development. For example, I would like to be able to tell how often a page is visited and how often the charts on that page are drilled into. This will help me to understand when I can scrap given items or when new ones may be needed.

I understand that logs can be loaded into capsules for reporting purposes and have looked through the logs available, but I can't work out if I can report on the usage of a particular chart in a particular dashboard.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Andrew

Tagged:

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Andrew Bereszczak-Adams,

you could have a look at this thread: Capsule Logs . The document referenced there is BOARD LOGs in detail .

And there happens to be also an application for examining your BOARD infrastructure (Log Management Application) which might come in handy.

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Andrew Bereszczak-Adams

In addition to Helmut Heimann 's reply, I inform that the capsules log contains info about cubes and layout used. see the image.

The currently available Log application is quite obsolete and contents are limited.

I suggest to develop by yourself a custom app where you can keep log information needed for your purposes only.

I've done it in this way, adding infos not in logs such as links between security / database / folder profile, users infos such as email, function, site... It helps a lot in tracking all users activities, accesses, login errors etc. and impact on reporting.