How can I change all screens with one selector in my master screen?

Options

Hello all,

how can I change all my screens in the capsule with one selector in my first screen from Jan.18 to Feb.18?

Our standard sales report has 15 screens with different dataviews and charts.

I don't want to change each month each screen to the next month.

I want to change the selector of my first screen and all others should adapt to this. How can I do this?

KR

Annika

Tagged:

Answers

• It may not be possible in your case, but the first thing I would consider is the option of putting all of your report content into a Folder or Transition object.  Because all of the content is now in a single screen the selection will automatically apply to all pages of the Transition/Folder.  You also get the added benefit of being able to output the report to a single pdf or pptx if you require a hard copy.

• Good news !

Is this export of a web presentation coming in the next release the "end" of exporting, or will the (pdf, ppt whatever) export of a single screen also come at a later point in time ?

• The export of a single screen will be included as well.

This won't be the end of development of this feature that will keep evolving with the product

• Federico Cazzalini
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hello Annika Fava,

as Felix Csanady said, the easiest way is to use the "dynamic selection"; you can use also the option "based on cube" and help the end-users of your application creating a "service cube" to be used in a first screen where choose through a "flag" what they want to be selected.

for example: in screen 1 the user select the "budget year"

then, in others screen you can save the "dynamic selection based on cube"

Hope this helps.

regards,

federico