How To Add New Entity Members From Data View On HTML5 Client

Options
Carlotta Fabris
Carlotta Fabris Active Partner
First Comment First Anniversary
edited April 2020 in Platform

To enable users to insert new entity member without letting them access the databade, I used to enable the option insert new member from the settings of a data view. This option then allowed me to click on the insert member button at the top left corner of the data view and then insert the new entity member as shown here in the manual: Home > Chapter 7 – Capsules > Data-entry and Advanced Transaction Object > Data Entry Options > Insert New Member

I am trying to do the same thing on the HTML5 Client, but I can't find this option.

Is there a way to do it in the web, Board version 10.6.1?

Thank you,

Carlotta Fabris.

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Carlotta Fabris,

the Insert New Row feature is one of the features actually not available in the web client. See link attached: Differences between web client and win client 

Inside the Web Client you can use the Entity Editor in corelation to ATO (About ATO ) to insert new Entity Members as user.

Alternatively when you want to use DataView to create new members you have to workaround using text cube and procedure. In the text Cube the user has to insert the new member. Further on you need a procedure which extracts the text cube and reloads it using DataReader.

Doing such please take care for MultiUser developement in corelation to datareaders.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Carlotta Fabris
    Options

Hi Alexander Kappes

Thank you for your answer, I will try configuring the ATO and insert new members like that.

If that won't work, I will try the other option, working with Cubes and Procedures!

Thanka a lot,

Carlotta.