How to use period offset for previous previous year

Options

Hello all,

I'm trying to creat a data view with the following layout (for the selected year 2017).

I want to see my current plan qty (here 2017), the current year qty (here 2017) and the previous year qty (2016)  and the previous previous year qty (2015). But the data for the previous previous year (2015) I get is wrong.

I did it like that because I only want to see the plan qty for the current year.

Do I have to change a setting?

I already tried many combinations (1,-1, 2,-2, ticked or unticked previous year). Pls find my settings for the previous previous year below which I think should be right but aren't... ;-)

KR

Annika

Answers

• Annika Fava
    Options

Thank you. It works!

Can you also provide me the info of the setting for one year more (previous previous previous year - here 2014).

Or isn't it possible in this case?

KR

Annika

• I don't have such a simple solution, but depends on the cube structure:

If the cube is by year a mere offset of -3 should do the trick

if the cube is by month you should use a offset -36

if the cube is by day the offset -1096 (because it includes a leap year)

The offset is always applied at the cube physical level so if you want to avoid the one by day (that may change depending on the leap year) you may create a version by year or month.

Otherwise if the cube is by day and you want to avoid reviewing the offset in 2020 you may create two cubes, one with offset -1096 and the other -1095, depending on the selected year you may show one or the other with an algorithm.

Honestly i would go with the version in this case

Antonio

• Annika Fava
    Annika Fava Customer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thank you so much for your answer. :-)

The cube is by day.

Can you have a look at my settings. My (current 2017) previous previous previous year (2014) data wasn't correct, yet.

KR

Annika

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

When you use the offset no not put the py function:

If this is not correct just try the offset -36 with a month version of the cube

• Annika Fava
    Annika Fava Customer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thank you again. -36 works for prev prev prev year! 

KR

Annika