Header Group Row

Options
Alicia Meredith-Smith
edited March 2021 in Platform

Dear Community,

Is it possible to create a group Header that keeps specific columns together, as below? I am looking for the functionality that will create the DAY – WTD – MTD sections for me, in a dataview.

Thank you in advance ��

Kindest regards
Alicia Meredith-Smith

Business Intelligence Manager

St Medius House, London W1F 8BH

T: +44 (0)7899239199

E: Alicia.MeredithSmith@laperla.com

image image  image  image

Questo messaggio è formato esclusivamente per il destinatario. Tutte le informazioni ivi contenute, compresi eventuali allegati, sono da ritenersi esclusivamente confidenziali e riservate secondo i termini del vigente D.Lgs. 196/2003 in materia di privacy e del Regolamento europeo 679/2016 – GDPR e pertanto ne è proibita ogni utilizzazione ulteriore non autorizzata. Se avete ricevuto per errore questo messaggio, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di voler contattare immediatamente il mittente e cancellare l'e-mail.

Confidentiality Notice – This e-mail message including any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and the European General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 – GDPR. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original e-mail message.

Answers

• Andreas Rehmer
    Andreas Rehmer Active Partner
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello Alicia,

we had an similar issue on my side. We solved it simply with labels. Not the best solution but it worked. If anybody else has an better approach I would be interested.

Kind regards

------------------------------
    Andreas Rehmer
    Senior BI-Entwickler und ERP Berater
    XAX Managing Data & Information GmbH
    Germany
    -------------------------------------------
  • Alicia Meredith-Smith
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Good morning  Andreas, 

Thank you so much for your reply. 

I have gone down the label route but the labels don't export to Excel unfortunately. 

I need to create this report as an automated subscription so it's quite an issue as it does not render as expected. ��‍♀️

It's really frustrating as this should be a stock-standard functionality in a reporting application. 

Questo messaggio è formato esclusivamente per il destinatario. Tutte le informazioni ivi contenute, compresi eventuali allegati, sono da ritenersi esclusivamente confidenziali e riservate secondo i termini del vigente D.Lgs. 196/2003 in materia di privacy e del Regolamento europeo 679/2016 – GDPR e pertanto ne è proibita ogni utilizzazione ulteriore non autorizzata. Se avete ricevuto per errore questo messaggio, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di voler contattare immediatamente il mittente e cancellare l'e-mail.

Confidentiality Notice – This e-mail message including any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and the European General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 – GDPR. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original e-mail message.

• Andreas Rehmer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello Alicia,

another idea that come to my mind. I wouldn´t call it a solution but it should work if you absolutly have to get this fixed. 

First you create two entitys. The first one represents the headers Actuals-Day LY-Day and so on. The second entity represents the grouped headers. Link them via an relationship.

In the next step you create an cube that consist of time and the newly created entity. Last step would be to fill the cube with an procedure according to your layout.

Kind regards

Andreas Rehmer
    Germany
  • Alicia Meredith-Smith
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi Andreas,

That sounds like it could work.

Let me give that a try and see if I can get it to work! ��

Thank you so much for this idea!

• Andreas Rehmer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello Alicia,

please let me know if this worked out for you or if you need an short example.

Kind regards

Andreas Rehmer
    Germany
  • Alicia Meredith-Smith
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi Andreas,

If you do have an example, that would help me a great deal. I'm not too familiar with using procedures yet. ��

• Jon De Leon
    Jon De Leon Customer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi @ALICIA MEREDITH-SMITH ,
    On a separate topic, I've been trying to figure out MTD and WTD calculations for a while now. How are you doing it?

Thanks!

Jon De Leon
    Manager, Financial Analytics

United States
  • Alicia Meredith-Smith
    edited March 2021
    Options

Jon De Leon,

We create new cubes that are versioned by week and month. I am very happy to jump on a Zoom/Teams call with you to show you what we did – I know how difficult it can be without an example – so let me know ��

• Leone Scaburri
    Leone Scaburri Employee
    First Anniversary First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi @ALICIA MEREDITH-SMITH,

on web designer the Dataview supports a multi-level column header when using the web-client. The feature can be enabled from the web designer in the table-style settings.
    multiLevelColumns.PNG

Regards,
    Leone

Leone Scaburri
    Consultant
    Board Community
    Switzerland
  • Alicia Meredith-Smith
    edited March 2021
    Options

Leone Scaburri,

Thank you for getting back to me.

The Multi-level header checkbox is ticked but I don't know how to use it if I'm honest. How do I add the Topmost header to group the second row of headers? ��

Thanks again for your help!

Kindest regards

Alicia

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• Samson Sunny
    Options

Hi Alicia,

Its a simple drag and drop. If the two entities are independent of each other, you can choose which to make the topmost header by simply dragging it to the front.

If the entities are part of an hierarchy, for eg. month and quarter, you cannot choose the topmost header as quarter is a parent of the month entity and will always be the topmost header.

Thanks,
    Samson.