Unbalanced Hierarchy in formatted report

Options
Navan Mehra
Navan Mehra Employee
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes First Anniversary
edited December 2021 in Platform
Hi experts,
I would like to know how have you all used unbalanced hierarchy in the reports?

I have a P&L structure which I define as an unbalanced hierarchy in an entity. This works fine and shows the correct roll-up. the problem arises when I use this unbalanced hierarchy in a report
  1. In the report, the parents should be at the bottom whereas an unbalanced hierarchy keeps the parents at the top
  2. To overcome #1 above, I defined the sort order as custom and reordered all members. The issue arises as soon as I go to the relationship and update any parent-child relation. Everything gets reset
Is there a way to put the parents at the bottom when using an unbalanced hierarchy in the data view?

------------------------------
Navan Mehra
Senior Consultant
Board Community
Australia
------------------------------
Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Philipp Schumacher
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Navan,

You can create a sorting cube for your unbalanced hierarchy where you define the exact position of each element in your report

To be able to enter data on nodes you need to deactivate the roll-up for this block in your layout

you can then use that block to sort your data view.

Of course this is only feasible if you don't have too many elements to manually sort in your UBH

Kind regards

Philipp

Answers

• Navan Mehra
    Options

Thanks, Philipp. This happens to be an old question that I had asked. I followed the same logic as you described and was able to sort the hierarchy as per the desired order. Thanks