Change Entity to Display Code

Options
Matthew Sobon
Matthew Sobon Customer
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
edited December 2022 in Platform
Hello,
In a dataview, I would like for the @month entity to be displayed in it's code form. I do not see this as an option in the dataview settings but could be missing something.
For example, when June is selected and the year 2022 is selected it is displayed as "Jun.22" but I would like its code, "202206", to display.
Using Board version 10.6.

Thank you,

------------------------------
Matthew Sobon
Data Analyst
M.T. Maritime Management (usa) LLC
United States

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @Matthew Sobon,

you might want to set the axis properties according to this example
    That will deliver something like this
    I think that will suit your need.

Kind regards
    Helmut

Helmut Heimann
    Senior Consultant
    Board Community
    Germany
    -------------------------------------------
  • Bettina Clausen
    Bettina Clausen Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi Matthew,

using regular substitution formulas such as @Month you will always receive the display that has been set as a display default in the entity. This cannot be changed with a different settings in the axis, since the formula is applied as a regular block and not a by row/column entity.

You can use the selection_ex formula to modify the outcome of the selected elements (e.g. @Selection_Ex(Entity="Month",Display="Code") ) - however, this cannot be applied in the dataview block itself, only as a header of block with a reference (e.g. cube with block reference to Month Jan 2021 will give you the header "Month: 202101")  or in another object such as label. But unfortunately not in the block itself.

For more information please see this article: https://www.boardmanual.com/2021/summer/capsules/screens/Substitution_formulas.htm?rhsearch=substitution formula

Kind regards,
    Bettina

Bettina Clausen
    Team Leader
    Board Community
    Germany
  • Matthew Sobon
    Matthew Sobon Customer
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited November 2022
    Options
    That is unfortunate, thank you for the help!

Matthew Sobon
    Data Analyst
    M.T. Maritime Management (usa) LLC
    United States