Community Update June 15, 2022: Merger of Community Forums Coming Soon

Options
Kayne Schwarz
Kayne Schwarz Employee
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary Name Dropper
admin
edited June 2022 in Blog
BoardVille Community Members,

I am excited to share that we, the BoardVille Community team, are in the process of making a series of enhancements to the BoardVille Community to improve your community experience, optimize content, bring you more relevant news and updates, and much more!

But first, a quick introduction: I’m Kayne Schwarz, the new Senior Manager of Community and Learning Platforms. I am excited to be here at Board and to be part of the Customer Care organization responsible for bringing you, our customers, partners, and employees, a world-class customer experience. I look forward to seeing all of you around the Community! Please don’t hesitate to say “hi” or ask for help at any time.

Merging the Community Forums

Now, our first significant update to the Community will be merging some of our most popular Board platform-based forums into one single forum.
We realize there are many great conversations happening in all four forums regarding the Board platform and that sometimes it’s difficult to locate each and stay connected in four different locations. We’ve also heard your feedback that you would like a single location for platform discussions that members can navigate to quickly and subscribe to for regular updates.

So, on June 17, 2022 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm (CT), we will close the “Use Board,” “Configure Board,” and “Administer Board” forums and move all posts and replies from them into the Board Platform Forum. Each post from one of the closed forums will be tagged with one of the following as an origination reminder:
  • Use Board = "usage" tag
  • Configure Board = "configure" tag
  • Administer Board = "administer" tag
Additional content in the “Library” and “Blog” sections from each closing forum will also be merged under those folders of the Board Platform Forum as well.

The Community will remain online for this merger and you should not experience any impact to your Community experience aside from the closure of the aforementioned forums.

The New Forum Destination

Once the merger is complete, you can expect all Board platform-related discussions to happen in the Board Platform Forum. To locate the Board Platform Forum, navigate to the top menu and select DISCUSS > BOARD PLATFORM FORUM. Then, select the THREADS tab from the landing page to see the entire feed of posts.

Navigation to the Board Platform Forum

You’ll also notice frequent posts from this forum displayed in the “RECENT ACTIVITY” section of the homepage and a “QUICK LINK” button that leads you directly to the forum, too.

Locations where members can find the Board Platform Forum posts and link

Questions?

Keep an eye out for a confirmation post once the merger has been completed. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions, thoughts, or concerns in the comments space below.