DEFAULT SETTINGS IMPROVEMENTS

Options
Daniele Di Lorenzo
edited June 2018 in Idea Exchange

Hi community

I've identified some areas that in my opinion could be slighly improved to make development more efficient. here they are:

1. When a new ascii data reader is being created, the dafult path is always C:\Board\... even if the default server path is e.g. D:\Board...It would be nice if the sugegsted path in data readers is aligned with server settings

2. In the procedures extract action of cubes/entities the default format is .txt and option "Tab Delimited" is unflagged. When a cube or an entity is extracted manually the default is .csv and Tab delimited.
It would be nice that default is CSV + Tab delimited in procedure action also.
Infact linking a CSV file in a newly created data read all settings about file format and fields references are automatically filled.

3. "Do not fix relationships" in procedure normalize action should be flagged as default in my opinion.

9 votes

Planned · Last Updated

Comments

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thank you for sharing your idea, Daniele. We understand the need of your ideas. Here are the responses below:

1. This is not feasible for now as there is only one global variable i.e C disk, and we will evaluate next year more on this
    2. We understand the need of this solution and we will evaluate after the new UI is released early 2024
    3. This is already planned with the new UI releasing in 2024

We encourage you to continue submitting your ideas and suggestions in the future, as we are always open to hearing new perspectives and feedback.