Customise text on 'action' block in dataview

Options
Brendan Broughton
Brendan Broughton Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
edited March 2020 in Idea Exchange

I don't believe this is currently possible (but correct me if I'm wrong) so I will raise it as an idea.

When a procedure is added as an action on a block in a dataview layout it defaults to displaying the name of the procedure when the user hovers/clicks on it (as below) with the word 'Run' at the beginning.

Often the name of the procedure is not as meaningful to the end user as it is to the developer, often due to naming conventions etc.

This idea is to enable the displayed text to be customised to display something that is of more meaning to the end user.

Currently the only workaround I know of is to create an additional procedure with the text you wish to display as the name, and then have this procedure call the actual procedure you need to run, just adding complexity through an extra procedure layer and one more thing to administer.

8 votes

Released · Last Updated

Comments

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thank you for sharing your idea, Brendan. We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion. Great news, it is available from the latest releases.

If it's 1 or more procedures, then you can use the tool tip feature to describe. For the naming, we understand the need of this solution. We have accepted this Idea to be part of our backlog and we are evaluating the feasibility of adding it to the development roadmap.