Save / Restore Screen selection

Options
Joan Ponsa Cobas
Joan Ponsa Cobas Employee
First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
edited January 2019 in Idea Exchange

Summary:

An easy way to store my current screen selection and restore it at any time in any screen.

As is:

Currently, we can get this functionality by storing the screen selection in cubes by user and dimension I want to store. For complex apps, It means that I need to create a large list of cubes to save each dimension and a long procedure to save and store. This is impacting user experience as apply selection based on cube takes long.

See: https://community.board.com/message/4603-re-how-to-save-the-current-selection-to-filedbcube?commentID=4603#comment-4603

To be:

a) button to Save or Restore screen selection in a single click. Save the entire screen selection for all dimensions in db. (see attached screenshot)

b) procedure step that allows me to store the entire screen selection in a single BOARD object/cube by user. So I can easily embed the functionality in a capsule procedure.

Note:

Somehow BOARD is currently doing it when using the “share screen” functionality of the Web chat. It not only shares the screen but also the screen selection.

17 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Comments

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thank you for sharing your idea, Joan. We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion, and we understand that it can be disappointing to hear that we won't be pursuing it at this time.

We are committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers, and we must prioritize the features and enhancements that will have the most significant impact on your daily use of our software. 

While we won't be moving forward with your suggestion, we want you to know that we value your input and appreciate your contribution to our community. We encourage you to continue submitting your ideas and suggestions in the future, as we are always open to hearing new perspectives and feedback. 

• Philipp Schumacher
    Options

Dear Joan,

Have you tried using the bookmark function? I guess this should serve your requirement.

Kind regards

Philipp

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Philipp Schumacher, I started writing the same suggestion, but then I noticed that the original post is four years old. :-)