Add an Error handling group in procedure

Options
Nicolas CHIGROS
Nicolas CHIGROS Active Partner
April Badge of the Month First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
edited June 2020 in Idea Exchange
I wish there was a special group named something like "CatchError" to catch error (i.e. like in datareader) and handle gracefully errors with a message box for instance

Currently, users are left on their own to figure which step crash (since you have no way to handle error, you most likely will run the remain step anyway.

Would be nice to have a new process step or option in show message to show "Error" and step number in the procedure.

This would be a big help for developer, functional administrator and end-user!

16 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Comments

• Monisha Jain
    Options

Thank you for sharing your idea, Nicolas. We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion, and we understand that it can be disappointing to hear that we won't be pursuing it at this time. 

We are committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers, and we must prioritize the features and enhancements that will have the most significant impact on your daily use of our software. 

While we won't be moving forward with your suggestion, we want you to know that we value your input and appreciate your contribution to our community. We encourage you to continue submitting your ideas and suggestions in the future, as we are always open to hearing new perspectives and feedback. 

• Nicolas CHIGROS
    Nicolas CHIGROS Active Partner
    April Badge of the Month First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Options

HiJain,

Thank you for the feedback.

While you say you won't be moving forward with my suggestion, it seems to me it aleardy bore fruits as Rest API call already have something quite similar implemented! I'm still hopefull that Data reader will have the same feature in the futur😂

Best regards,

Nicolas CHIGROS