Option to disable 'auto updating' when developing in web

Options
Brendan Broughton
Brendan Broughton Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
edited June 2020 in Idea Exchange
Currently whenever you do anything in the web it starts to auto update the screen.  It would be good if there was an option to STOP this from happening (if desired) and only update manually (much like you have the option in Excel for calculation).
It slows development down a lot in a few ways.
  1. There are many times when I am part way through making a change to an objects (position/size) and it starts updating before I've entered the complete number..So I have to wait for it to update an incorrect change before I can enter the last digit for the size/position.
  2. If  I have several objects you need to move back/front (LHS menu), after changing one the screen auto-updates, and repositions me to the top of the object list. I then have to scroll down to re-find each object.
Stopping these and letting me disable auto update whilst i make multiple changes would greatly speed up screen/capsule development.  It could be a 'permanent' option of even a simple temporary option, where you can click to disable for #sec, or until you manually click a 'refresh' button (which a developer will always do after making their changes)
7 votes

Open For Voting · Last Updated