Sorting options in a Dataview

Options
Daniel Zillmann
Daniel Zillmann Active Partner
First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Photogenic
edited February 2018 in Idea Exchange

I am often missing more options when it comes to sorting the data in a Dataview. What I would love is something similar to Excel, where you can choose several columns for sorting your data. I am aware that you can choose if an entity gets sorted by ID or Description or sort data based on a cube, but there are times when that is not enough. Users are often confused when you tell them that this is not possible, because they can click on a header and the data gets sorted by that column, so it is hard for them to understand that you cannot influence the sorting more as a developer.

39 votes

Planned · Last Updated

Comments

• Monisha Jain
    Options

Thank you for sharing your idea, Daniel. We understand the need of this solution.

This idea is part of our development roadmap and we aim to release this feature with the new Data View object releasing in Winter 2023.

We encourage you to continue submitting your ideas and suggestions in the future, as we are always open to hearing new perspectives and feedback.