DATA - hide/show all columns

Options
Barbara Mayrleitner
edited October 2021 in Idea Exchange
We do have some data views with a lot of columns (>30) - many users often need to hide columns via function "data" - but it's very time consuming if the first need to hide each single column with clicking on the eye - at least when they only want to have e.g. 1 or two columns in the dataview from the 30.

For this purpose it would be great if there would be a function which allows the user (not via layout!!) to hide first all columns - and then select the one they want to see.
One click for closing or opening all eyes more or less would be very helpfull
3 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Comments

• Sebastian Bezold
    Options

Hey Barbara,
    did you receive any Feedback on your request?

We are receiving the same from our colleagues.

• Barbara Mayrleitner
    Options

@Sebastian Bezold: Hi! no feedback - but in the latest BOARD 12 version, there is now the possibility how I've requested it. so hiding columns works now - but showing them again is not working yet via this ticks.. can be only done currently by stepping into the layout and set back the "hidden"-status in the block..

• Anna Kirichenko
    Options

Hi @Barbara Mayrleitner,

Thank you for this comment! We actually also have this need and it´s good to know it´s already there. I´ve just tried what you´ve mentioned about showing all columns back again and it works for me.
    If I hide all columns first and show a couple of them, in order to show all again, I have to hide all again and show all. Please check again. It´s the version 12.5.1.1.81990

• Anna Kirichenko
    Options

Hi @Sebastian Bezold,
    The feature in fact is available in the latest version and works fine for us.
    Regards

Anna