Presentations Governance

Options
Paolo Messa
Paolo Messa Active Partner
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
edited November 2020 in Idea Exchange

Organizations with hundreds of users need to have greater governance over presentations.

It might be helpful to know which ones were created. Know which and how many presentations will be sent at a given time and to whom.

The monitoring of the presentations would be useful to better understand the impact that presentations or their scheduled delivery can have on the system.

36 votes

Accepted · Last Updated

Comments

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

in addition I would suggest to have a log file available (similar to capsule's one) to track any activity and change to presentations. And integrate informations for impact analysis, such as: in each presentation which are the screens linked, and e.g. if I edit a screen that is used in some presentation a warning shoudl appear to say " any change may affect slides XYZ in presentations ABC created by 123…"

• Aude Monin
    Aude Monin Customer
    5 Up Votes Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
    Options

In addition, it would be nice if people with whom presentations are shared, could stop the sharing without deleting the presentation.
    Also, if you change the organization of capsules you loose the presentations linked to the previous way : that is a big problem

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Hi Paolo , thank you for sharing your idea! We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion, and we understand the need of this solution. We have accepted this Idea to be part of our backlog and we are evaluating the feasibility of adding it to the development roadmap. 

We are committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers, and we must prioritize the features and enhancements that will have the most significant impact on your daily use of our software. 

• Aude Monin
    Options

awesome news !
    Will take into account the comments suggestions ?

• Zach Salvini
    Options

Hi,

I have produced Presentations which contain important financial information, and as such are dynamically filtered dependent on the User Profile so that no-one is able to view data they aren't supposed to see.

Sometimes there are bug fixes/development requests for the Presentations and require me to go through them and action the changes. The issue is that I wouldn't like to do this in the live environment, as some of the requests may involve me temporarily opening up security. Could you please look into either providing a solution where I am able to temporarily "un-share" the presentations with the users, so I am able to action the changes to the screens in the sandbox environment, migrate the changes to live and then easily re-share with the same user group, or provide a way to migrate presentations from the sandbox environment to the live environment?

Many thanks,

Zach