Database profile - Avoid reload of database

Dear all,

The database is systematically reloaded after a DB profile modification / creation.

On my side I have a very huge DB (160 Gb) and reloading the DB takes a long time (about 20 minutes) and freezes the Board server for end users. So when you have several profiles to modify, we are blocking users for a long time.

It would be great to have the possibility to modify / create DB profiles without reloading the DB, and then have a button (for ex) to manually reload the DB after all modifications / creations.

Thanks !

Regards,

Nicolas

14 votes

Planned · Last Updated

Comments

• Absolutely agree. I still use board 10.8, where the client is still available, and for this reason I always use the client when db profile changes have to be applied.

• Hi Nicolas,

i also think a change would be helpful for systems, where it takes a while to reload the database. In my opinion it would be even better if a (complete) reload of the DB in this case were not necessary at all.

Best regards,

Fabian

• Hello,

This change will be released soon as a patch release of Spring 2023 release.

There won't be no need to reload db at all, nor manually, nor automatically.

Ciao,

Antonio