Subcription Hub - Export of all columns

Dear all,

In the SubHub, the export of data is very useful for analysis. Unfortunately, not all columns are exported, why ?

It would be very helpful to have for example the last connexion date of the user !

In my point of view, this is the most important information to clear the users list and free some licenses.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Nicolas

8 votes

Accepted · Last Updated

Comments

• Dear @Nicolas Philippot

while it is true that not all the values are exported, the "last login" is now exported starting from Spring23

hope this helps a little :)

Best Regards,

federico

• Hi Boardies,

on behalf of our customer I wanna add two functionalities enhancing the subscription hub. The idea results from a recent event where the customer’s admin unfortunately uploaded the user list without corresponding access flag to the sub hub. This caused an entire log out of the subscription hub, and we were only able to access it again with the help of support. To avoid this happening again, our customer suggests two highly useful enhancements:

1. Include all available fields in the export files generated from the users list (Export-button in Users screen). Current export option only includes UserName,DisplayName,Email,PhoneNumber,Role,InstanceName,UserLicense,BoardAuthentication,License,isshadmin, {Metadata fields}. The most important fields the customer is missing are the MS office Excel add-in, Account Status (Active, Disabled), System Auth Status & Subscription Hub access rights. This limits the export as a suitable backup option of user settings and access control.
    2. Make security relevant fields upload mandatory: There are no fields in the import template for the Sub Hub access rights. Based on experience with the last import, without these fields, all users that are imported will have their Sub Hub authorizations defaulted to “Not Authorised”. This should be highlighted in the manual with a warning. In the table with the list of fields, every field is marked “Required value”, however in the text below the table states only Username, License, InstanceName, Role & License is required. This is a bit ambiguous, so either remove the “Required value” from non-mandatory fields or update the text below the table to specify all mandatory fields

Thanks a lot.

Best

Andreas

• Hello all,

we just had the exact same experience with complete log out and to be precise it was actually the second time we had this issue.

First time we had this issue the information to subhub admin was included but not in english (true, false) but in german (wahr, falsch). This was the case since excel automatically translates these frases into the computer language when you open the csv extract to make changes. Since board could not read the german information it set all uploaded users to “false”, meaning non of the user had access to subhub.

The second time we now imported no information to subhub admin and board again switched all imported users to “false”, just as Andreas described it here above my post.

I have two suggestions to that issue to avoid it in the future. The second one should be a standard anyways in my opinion:

1. Board should show an error if information is not readable or missing instead of resetting it to a “false” information. Or simply do not change information which is not uploaded.
    2. There should be a special admin user which has always access to subhub no matter what was imported or changed. Same user should also be able to access all DB´s no matter which settings are made here. Since you can basically also log out of your own data bases as “admin”. To me a admin role/setting should have always the ability to adjust everything and should not be able to log itself out.

Thanks!

Regards

Lorenz

• Hi, thank you for sharing your idea, Nicolas and for adding more helpful points to it Andreas and Lorenz! We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion, and we understand the need of this solution. We have accepted this Idea to be part of our backlog and we are evaluating the feasibility of adding it to the development roadmap. 

We are committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers, and we must prioritize the features and enhancements that will have the most significant impact on your daily use of our software.