Drilldown then export to Excel - how to work backwards?

Options
Ben Campbell
Ben Campbell Customer
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited February 2023 in Platform

When you drilldown on Board, then export to Excel, how do you restrospectively found out what you drilled down on? Effectively, the layout is filtered but the filter does not appear on the Sheet Selection, Workbook Selection, or Selection tab on the Layout. If you copy the layout back to Board, the hidden filter is still there. I have a user with a drilled down export but can't figure out how it came to be.

Thanks,

Ben

v10.1.3

Accepted Answer

• Philipp Schumacher
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Ben,

You could try adding the substitution formula @Entity as a text algorithm to your drill down layout.

For example, if your original layout has an entity named ‘Account Group’ in the rows and you drill down to entity ‘Account’, you add a text algorithm with @Account Group to your drill down layout

This will return the member you drilled on on every row of your drill down. Not the prettiest solution, but it might help as a quick workaround.

Kind regards

Philipp

Answers

• Hello Ben Campbell

when you drilldown on Board, the layout changes the entity on the row, but the selection remains the same. So, if you export to Excel a drilldown layout, the Sheet/Workbook/Layout selections don't change.

Regards,

Daniele

• Ben Campbell
    Options

Thanks Danielle. Yes, the layout changes the entity on the row, but I still can't work back to what line was drilled down on. On the attached example, if you only have the spreadsheet version, how do you know what the drilldown was applied to Account Number TLD-Q-xxxx….

• Hi Ben,

unfortunately, it's not possible to verify in Excel Add In which drilldown has been applied.
    I suggest you open an Idea to have this feature in the latest versions.

Regards,
    Daniele

• Ben Campbell
    Options

Will do. Thanks.

• Miran Saric
    Miran Saric Employee
    DACH Advocate Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    admin
    Options

Hi @Ben Campbell, thank you for starting this conversation! We've gone ahead and moved it to the Platform Forums as that's a better home for it than the Community Forum where it was originally posted. Let me know if you have any questions.

• Ben Campbell
    Options