Copy Favorites from one server to another

Options

Hi,

we are updating our version and want to upgrade our server in the same step.

What I would like to do, is to copy all settings (like favorites, presentations etc.), that the users have setup for themselves, to the new server. The users should basically not notice, that we have changed anything (except newer design, new url).

I have tried to copy the entire Board folder, including the databases, but I was not able to see my favorites.

Unfortunately, we are also changing the path of the Board directory to another drive for backup reasons.

Does anyone know, if this can simply be copied to the new environment?

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Steve,

thanks for your request.

For general you can move the whole BOARD folder to a new environment. The switched BOARD Path shouldn´t be any problem.

Some of the Self Service Informations are saved inside the WebApi.

I´m not sure if this can be copied easily and will work, but you can spend a try.

Move this files inside the WebApi Folder to the new environment.

Inside the sqlite files the self service informations are saved.

Please give some feedback if it will work.

Thanks and regards

Alex

• Daniele Santandrea
    Options

Hello Steve Pankrath,

which favorites do you want to copy?

In general, if you want to move BOARD to another Server, you should be copy all the entire Board, the folder App_Data in the path “\Board\Board WebApi Server” and then also “server_config_v2.xml” file in the path “\Board\Board Server”.

In this way, all the previous settings will be replaced in the new Server. After you can change, in the Server Configuration, the Board's path to another drive for backup reasons.

Regards,
    Daniele