Insufficient privileges to manage this database

Options
Anis Abed
Anis Abed Active Partner
Name Dropper Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment

Hi,

I am migrating a board 10 datamodel to a board 12 datamodel on a new server with an on-premise installation, I successfuly copied the database file to the board 12 database folder, I restarted the server, but when trying to upgrade the datamodel I get the following error " Insufficient privileges to manage this database "

Upon checking the diagnostics file I found this log line as well :
Administrator dbaa59c7-f0fe-4dbf-b6f8-75ba4815f118 DTB_OpenByName Inviflam {"ErrorCode":"DatabaseAccessDenied"

Note : I have an admin license with the full rights on my server

How can I solve this issue please ?

Best regards,

Accepted Answer

• Willians Santana
    Willians Santana Employee
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary 5 Likes
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Anis,

How are you doing? I hope you are having a great day!
    Please, check the Database Security Profile Name.

Is the new Board 12 installation's Administrator or Developer Security Profile assigned with the proper Database Security Profile Name?

Best Regards,
    Willians

Answers

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

Hi @Anis Abed,

make sure you extracted and cleared all cubes before migrating your data model from B10 to B12

• Neha Hasija
    Options

Hi Anis,

It most likely looks like Database Security Issue.

Did you change any Database security recently.If yes, trying restoring backup with proper security.

Also, Did you extract all the cubes on B10?

Thanks,

Neha

• Anis Abed
    Anis Abed Active Partner
    Name Dropper Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi All,

Thanks for your answers, fortunately I was able to resolve the issue, indeed it was the default database security profile parameter that was missing, I had to type "ADMIN" to gain access to the database.

Thanks you very much,

Anis

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes
    admin
    Options

@Anis Abed I'm happy you were able to get your question answered! If you'd like, you can select 'Yes' to the 'Did this answer the question?' option. This helps others identify the best solution.

• Willians Santana
    Options

Awesome, @Anis Abed! Great News! Thank you for your message and feedback! I do appreciate that, and I am glad to know that.