Checkbox column in Smart Import

Krisztina Zappert
Krisztina Zappert Active Partner
First Anniversary Community Voices 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
edited April 2023 in Platform

Hi,

I am building a page with a smart import object, and we would like to have a column that is a checkbox. Is this possible? I have not been able to find a setting for this.

Alternatively, we will use a dropdown Yes/No picklist, so we do have a plan B, but I wanted to confirm if this is possible or not.

Thank you,

Krisztina

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Gary Beardsley
    Gary Beardsley Employee
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment 5 Likes
    Answer ✓

Hi Krisztina,

I do not believe that it is possible to upload a dataset with a checkbox value using the smart import feature. What I would suggest is to first edit your data set to convert the check/no-check to a boolean value (checked = 1, no check = 0) and then upload this using the smart import object. On the screen above the smart import object, you can then display the uploaded data using a dataview. On this dataview you can then display the data as a checkbox, by opening the layout of the dataview, and in dataview settings there is an option to update the column appearance to a checkbox. I hope this helps!

Gary

Answers

• Ivano Savogin
    Ivano Savogin Employee
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2023

Hi Krisztina,

I agree with @Gary Beardsley's answer: It's actually not possible to add a checkbox column, but I'd workaround it going through a boolean "1" "0" dataset, rather than yes/no….it will ease additional filtering and/or further evaluations based on this column's values.

Then, if you'll add this imported column in a dataview, you'll be able to represent it as checkbox via the usual layout implementation.

Thanks for posting on Board Community.

Best Regards

Ivano

• Krisztina Zappert
    Krisztina Zappert Active Partner
    First Anniversary Community Voices 5 Likes 5 Up Votes

Hi,

Thank you both for confirming my suspicion! I will move onwards accordingly.

Best Regards,

Krisztina