R integration guide

Options
Mathieu Pretre
Mathieu Pretre Employee
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment Photogenic
edited April 2023 in Platform

Hello,

I am interested into running ML-driven forecasts for data coming from a simple cube using R. From this article from the Board 12 reference manual, I see that it is possible:

However, being new to Board and R in general, I struggle to understand where to start and haven't found any guide / steps detailing how to build a simple example.

Can someone help me out on this or redirect me to some documentation/webinar I could've missed?

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Filip Rankovic
    Filip Rankovic Employee
    DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello Mathieu!

Thank you for posting in the community.

I am not aware of a seminar guiding you through each step of using R in Board.

However, there are a few tips / questions that could help / help me understand the problem you are facing:

1. Have you successfully installed R and RServe on some/your local machine?
    2. If so, what does the Test-Connection button in the procedure step reveal? It should say:

3. Have you tried saving the layout in the R-environment first? (e.g. write.csv(FrameTest, "C:/dataset/testframe.csv) , where FrameTest is the mapped DataFrame-name to your Layout)

4. Make sure the DataFrame you load back into Board is converted to all string coulmns in the last step of the R-Script.

5. What Board Version are you using?

Hope to be able to help more once you provide some feedback.

Best regards,

Filip

————————————-
    FIlip Rankovic
    Associate Consultant
    Board Deutschland GmbH

• Mathieu Pretre
    Options

Hello Filip,

Thank you for your input and your direct help.

For others interested in the resolution, I will for now modify my Board configuration to run on my local machine, as there are otherwise complications when trying to connect to a local installation of RServe.

I'll post some updates when I'm more advanced.

Best,

Mathieu

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

Hello Mathieu,

the Board instance should send a requests via the Internet to open a session on Rserver and execute code. The R-server must be reachble from the Internet (or via DNS or via public IP) and the Rserve deamon must be listening on TCP/6311 (default).