Option to Hide Tabs

Options
Philipp Schumacher
edited April 2023 in Idea Exchange

Dear all,

The tab container is probably one of the most used objects across many applications and in my experience an absolute customer and user favourite.

Sometimes, it is necessary to remove tabs for a certain situation but you want to keep the contained dataview for future use. Saving a backup screen, deleting the tab, and restoring it when needed again is tedious.

With current options available, I am forced to either hide visibility of the dataview, but the tab with an empty canvas remains, or i can put a white label above the tab wich is a pain to alaign because the label starts moving around for different screen resolutions.

It would would be perfect to have the option to hide individual tabs from the container object.
In my notion this might be achieved either through
1) a hard object setting to hide or show a certain tab that can be ticked or
2) The reference to the values of a cube to dynamically control visibility similar to the functionality of the expander object.

Kind regards

Philipp

13 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Comments

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thank you for sharing your idea, @Philipp Schumacher . We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion, and we understand that it can be disappointing to hear that we won't be pursuing it at this time. 

We are committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers, and we must prioritize the features and enhancements that will have the most significant impact on your daily use of our software. 

While we won't be moving forward with your suggestion, we want you to know that we value your input and appreciate your contribution to our community. We encourage you to continue submitting your ideas and suggestions in the future, as we are always open to hearing new perspectives and feedback.