Quick Poll: How do you feel about the level of activity here in the Board Community?

Holly Rieke
Holly Rieke Employee
DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes
admin
edited May 2023 in Blog

The new Board Community experience has been live for just over 90 days, and we want to hear from you!

The forums have been busy with Q&As, new technical content is published weekly (Best Practices and How-to Guides), and there are regular updates shared in the Blog and Support section to keep you informed—just to name a few things we've been up to since re-launch. We've even enabled a Community Experience Survey to give you a voice in our path forward.

We hope you're finding value in the new experience! Tell us what you think by answering this quick poll.

Quick Poll: How do you feel about the level of activity here in the Board Community? 13 votes

The level of activity meets my expectations.
23% 3 votes
I wish there was more activity in this community.
69% 9 votes
I haven't noticed a difference in activity since re-launch.
7% 1 vote

Comments

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer

Hello,

First of all, I like all the new content and the design.

However, my experience is that everything is so spread out in different channels. I get confused where to look and post.

Under "Forums" you find three different options, under "Resources" there are more options, under "Partner Hub" there are more options and then there's the "Idea Exchange". A lot of the comments in the "Idea Exchange", especially when Board employees replies with alternative options or announcing upcoming features, would be interesting to read in other forums.

I would prefer to have everything collected in fewer (1-2?) places and distinguish with tags or similar.
    I think this would result in more involvement and participation in discussions.

Thank you

• Krisztina Zappert
    Krisztina Zappert Active Partner
    First Anniversary Community Voices 5 Likes 5 Up Votes

Agree with Samir!

For the forums, I feel it would be enough to only have 1 page for the forum posts, and distinguish between them with tags, or "swimlanes", similar to how classic forums did it.

Sometimes people post ideas that are actually possible with workarounds, or the poster simply doesn't know how to do the requested change (I am guilty as charged, one of my first ideas was just me not knowing about a feature). It could be a good idea to establish a best practice: when the user is not sure the idea is possible, they ask about it in a forum before posting it as an idea.

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes
    admin

@Samir Jones @Krisztina Zappert Thank you for taking the time to take the quick poll and provide your additional feedback about the new Community experience. We will definitely take your feedback into consideration as we move forward and continue to optimize the overall experience!

• Nicolas CHIGROS
    Nicolas CHIGROS Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Community Voices

I too agree with @Samir Jones comment.

I also would like find useful to have access to a knowledge base with the known issues that are confirmed by the support team(with an unique id and to find this id in the changelog for patchs and new release

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin

@Nicolas CHIGROS Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate the feedback. Have you seen the new Known Limitations content? Perhaps this new Support section will be helpful to you.

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer

@Holly Rieke
    Thank for the link. I hadn't noticed it either.
    It will be very helpful.

• Nicolas CHIGROS
    Nicolas CHIGROS Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Community Voices

@Holly Rieke ,

It is a very helpful section and a very good start!

It's in the same vein while more broad. It lack the unique ID that would help when reading changelogs :D

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    admin

@Nicolas CHIGROS We will definitely share your feedback with the appropriate team!