Dataview Layout: Impossible to apply a filter when an aggregation function is used

Options
Lucas Charello
Lucas Charello Active Partner
Community Captain First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
edited May 2023 in Platform

Hello community, I'm quite new here. if this is not the right place for this question, please redirect me.

I have a Dataview layout in which I use an aggregation function to display the average value for my block along the time entity "Month".

When I try to apply a filter to this layout, it has no effect. However, when I remove the aggregation function, the filter is applied normally. I also tested this using an the "Distinct Count" aggregation and the result is the same. I could figure out a workaround and calculate the average by using a Nexel (and adding many block), but I'd like to know if this situation has a simplier solution.

Is somebody familiar with this situation?

Thank you for the help.

Lucas CHARELLO

Tagged:

Answers

• Nico Gerbrand
    Options

Hello Lucas,

please could you provide more information?

Which Board-Version are you using?
    Could you provide a Screenshot of your Settings?

• slopez@micanalytics.com
    Options

Hi, We have the same problem

Options

When you active the agregation function "Distinct Count" on a cube in the layout, the layout filter doesn't aply.

Sergio

Options
    Options

In my case we are using B12.5.1

• Daniel Trajanovski
    Options

Hello Nico,

I am having the same issue, do you have any tips? I'm working on the 12.5.1.1.85250 version

Thank you,

Daniel

• Tommaso Riva
    Tommaso Riva Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Answer
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi All,

the weird behavior seems to be a bug.

The filter option should not be affected by the aggregation function.

For the time being, the workaround is to shift the filter to the layout level in the screen selection (selection based on cube).

Please be kind and open a ticket to our support for further investigation.

Thank you,

Tommaso

• Nicola De Beni
    Nicola De Beni Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment
    Options

Hi Tommaso,

we opened the ticket but Support told us that this is a known limitation.

Would be possibile to update the manual in order to share this not so known limitation with the entire community?

Thanks

Nicola

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    DACH Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights 5 Likes
    admin
    Options

@Nicola De Beni Thank you for your comment here in Community! I have shared your feedback about this known limitation with the appropriate resources. They will review it for consideration to add to the existing Known Limitations list.