Selector with only valid entity member but without the setting "show only active members"

Options

Hi

I have the following Issue on several entities. here explained with cost center and profit center as i think most of people know these.

We have a cost center report with a selector on Profit centers and one on cost centers.

Now if i select a profit center, all cost centers are available, even the ones not connected to the selected profit center. With the setting "show only active members" our users have always to reset cost centers before choosing another one, that impacts their user experience negatively.

With a pager it won't work because sometimes it makes more sense to analyse a few likewise cost centers together than one by one.

Any Ideas to overcome this issue?

Thank you in advance

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Philipp Schumacher
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Manuela,

you could try the following, if Profit Centre and Cost Center are in hierarchical relation: instead of offering a regular Selector object, you could design the process throu a procedure called from a button.

• Remove selection on Cost centre
    • Interactive selection on Cost Center
    • Apply Selection to screen and refresh

To make it look like a regular Selector you could turn the settings of the label to transparent and position it over the selector object, or experiment with the @Selection_Ex substitution formula in the Label text

Let me know if you need further information.

Kind regards

Philipp

Answers

• Andries de Vries
    Options

Hi Manuela,

I'm not 100% if I understand your question. Assuming that Profit Center is a parent of Cost Center, you want to select one profit center in a selector and be able to see what are the children belonging to that Profit Center in the second selector. But you also want to be able to select another Cost Center (not belonging to the selected Profit center) without first deselecting the initial Profit Center?

• Manuela Jucker
    Options

Hi Andre thanks for your Reply. I try to clarify

I have the Child Cost Center and the Parent Profit Center

When selecting a Profit Center, only Cost Centers related to the selected profit Center should be in the selector.

When selecting a Cost Center, all Cost centers related to the selected profit center should be visible, also the not selected ones.

With my current solution of "show only active members" our users have to reset the selector regarding Cost Center before choosing another one. When not setting "show only active member" all cost centers are visible when selecting a profit center even the ones not related to the profit center. Even though the unselected elements have a different colour in the selector, it confuses our users to see eg German cost centers in the selector when the Swiss Profit Center is selected.

• Manuela Jucker
    Options

Thank you Philipp, it is a great Idea, especially with the transparent label over a regular selector. User won't notice a difference (only a little time lap).

Best regards

Manuela