Excel AddIn Documentation

Options
Pascal Vuong
Pascal Vuong Employee
Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary
edited June 2023 in Platform

Hi Boardies

We are currently trying to solve it with the use of VBA since no native solution came to our minds and we want to automatize it as much as possible.

The problem is following:

A single table (lets say, country, year, period (BoP, A, EoP)) grouped by countries on one screen. From the Excel sheet the table should be split by countries, the rest stays the same and on each of these split tables, a different "Board Layout Selection" can happen. All tables are on 1 single sheet and not like the standard, 1 per worksheet, so the sheet Selection is also not an option.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any useful documentation on how to use the AddIn, as I also cannot use the SetSelect, etc. functions on the cells itself.

Following Error occurs to me:
"Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'BoardAddInUtils.IAddinUtilities'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{8E5C56BF-D9BC-4E29-97EA-648D4E532444}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))."

Any help, ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Best,

Pascal

Answers