Proper end user help system for Board please

Options

I am NOT talking here about those users building Board solutions. I am talking about the end user, how can they get help on the Board application they are using!?!

Today the solution we have is far from ideal. We have a yellow question mark on every screen in our Board application. The user can click this to get help. The yellow question mark points to a URL, a PDF on our intranet. For each screen in our Board app, there is a PDF. This is clunky. The development team have to ensure the URL is correct on every screen, that's a big job because we have hundreds of screens.

What we really need is a dedicated help link button at the top of the screen, within the Board banner (in parallel with the Board logo). Such a help button would have to be dynamic, it would need to know which screen the user is on and open the appropriate help file.

What would the help file be? It could be a simple link, like we have in our Board app today. However, if you really want to do it well, you could have a pop out floating window where really interactive help could be maintained.

But, I would like this idea to actually happen so I would urge you that first, please just make something simple, like we have now but with dynamic URLs that pick up the title of the screen and open a dedicated help file. Please, whatever you can do to make our lives easier!

4 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Comments

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thank you for sharing your idea, @Michael Gerrard. We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion, and we understand that it can be disappointing to hear that we won't be pursuing it at this time. 

We are committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers, and we must prioritize the features and enhancements that will have the most significant impact on your daily use of our software. 
    While we won't be moving forward with your suggestion, we want you to know that we value your input and appreciate your contribution to our community.

We encourage you to continue submitting your ideas and suggestions in the future, as we are always open to hearing new perspectives and feedback.