Impact Analysis update of information

Options

Good morning,

Our team would like to know if there's a method to update the impact analysis information. We have verified some cases where a name of a procedure or a screen is changed manually but this is not reflected in the impact analysis, which still shows the previous name. We believe having seen this for other changes such as new procedure steps, but we're not so sure.

That's why we would like to know if there's a method to force Board to recalculate or update the impact analysis information. That would be of great help to our developments.

Thanks for your constant attention. Sincerely,

Carlos Meneses.

Accepted Answer

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dear @Carlos Eduardo Meneses Maran ,

thanks for your request.

You are right, that the indexing of the Impact Analysis take such time to be refreshed.

You can speed up by restarting the Search Engine Service inside Global Administration.

When you disable and reenable all Content will be analyzed again.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

Answers

• Carlos Eduardo Meneses Maran
    Options

Thanks for your answer,

I've followed your steps this Friday last week but I can confirm that the Impact Analysis still can't find some screens, indeed present, in one of my capsules. Is there another way to force Board update the Impact Analysis information or maybe this issue should be viewed as a ticket?

Thanks for your attention,

Carlos Meneses.

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

Hello,

Search Engine setting is related to Advanced Search functionality, isn't it?

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Yes it is.

The impact analysis feature uses the search engine service to perform the indexing of all elements in a platform.

@Carlos Eduardo Meneses Maran just to double check, is the capsule that you want to include enabled under the Capsules in the search engine setting?

Options

Yes, it is, @Tommaso Riva .

And I've got good news: the steps provided by @Alexander Kappes has updated and corrected what was wrong among procedures. There's only the information about capsules what still seems strange: I see that after having copied a capsule, there's only some screens shown in the impact analysis for one capsule and other different screens for the other copy of the first capsule.

edited July 2023
    Options

Sorry for the last post. I'm not so sure now: I've seen how some data model procedure names have been updated, however I still find wrong records in the 'Detail' field of the Impact Analysis even if I followed @Alexander Kappes steps five days ago.

Options

Good morning, regarding the missing data in the Impact Analysis of the capsules, I have found that it is a bug. It occurs when a capsule is copied and does not allow screens or procedures with the same name to appear at the same time in the Impact Analysis. I have solved it by deleting either of the two copied capsules.

On the other hand, there is still a procedure that shows wrong connections in the Impact Analysis. These are old steps that are no longer in the procedure. I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix it.

Best regards.