Procedure : If Run As Administrator" is check no security should apply to developper when editing

Options
Nicolas CHIGROS
Nicolas CHIGROS Active Partner
April Badge of the Month First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
edited July 2023 in Idea Exchange

Currently If "Run As Administrator" is check on a Selection and the user editing has developper licence the security define still apply and this developer can't select any member outside of it.

The idea is user has developper licence and "Run As Administrator" is check on the procedure step, developer should be able to select outside of their current security profile.

It would allow for developper to have a functioning application when using the tool if some selection are required (like on a user dimension) and prevent them to have to switch to another profil to edit or create 2 or 3 step in a procedure (for instance meant to export data).

Tagged:
3 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Comments

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thank you for sharing your idea, @Nicolas CHIGROS. We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion, and we understand that it can be disappointing to hear that we won't be pursuing it at this time. 

We are committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers, and we must prioritize the features and enhancements that will have the most significant impact on your daily use of our software. 
    While we won't be moving forward with your suggestion, we want you to know that we value your input and appreciate your contribution to our community.

We encourage you to continue submitting your ideas and suggestions in the future, as we are always open to hearing new perspectives and feedback.

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

Hi @Nicolas CHIGROS,

I'm interested on how you solved this.

I have currently the same issue, where a developer can't apply security settings with a procedure, if the developer doesn't change its role.

I have a bunch of workarounds, but I hope you have a less complicated solution. :-)

Thank you.

• Nicolas CHIGROS
    Nicolas CHIGROS Active Partner
    April Badge of the Month First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    Options

Hi @Samir Jones,

I always create an additionnal profil and role with 0 filters and switch my user to it when needed then switch back to the default profile when my development is done.

It waste tons of energy and time, but it simple to do

Regards,

• Samir Jones
    Samir Jones Active Partner
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    Options

@Nicolas CHIGROS, thank you! :-)

We usually have the same setup.

The current client has multiple admin users, and for them to not have to go and change roles, I have a screen trigger that selects the user as the BoardUser (our entity that acts as @User) when entering the screen. This trigger is applied only on the screens where the BoardUser is relevant.

So far it works fine.