Module 205 in Level 200 Building a Planning Solution in Board

Options

Has anyone else picked up on this issue below in module 205 of Level 200?

In the Academy, module 205 there seems to be a fault. The “ACT – Sales Data Publish” procedure where it calculates ACT – DF – Sales GBP, does not calculate as per the screenshot. In order to make the data flow work properly I needed to split it into two data flows with a temporary cube where the temporary cube has the currency in it and the second data flow just removes the currency as it puts it into the ACT – DF – Sales GBP cube. I’ve seen exactly the same behaviour in client environments after upgrading to Board 12.

The issue seems to be that without the currency in the output cube that it merges the two currencies together with an effective exchange rate of 1.88 instead of 1.

Accepted Answers

• Crystal Zhao
    Crystal Zhao Employee
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Anniversary 5 Likes
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Ken,

I see exactly what you mean. I like the way that you created the temporary cube to get the calculation to work. An alternate solution that I used was to add a step directly before the multiplication data flow to Select Entity based on cube (with the cube based on TEMP - ACT - DR - Sales LC) so that it would look for only one currency.

• Kristin Dimitrova
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Ken,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This issue was reported and fixed, and the new version of the course will be re-published today.

The approach you took to fix the procedure is excellent. In the original application build for the course, there is a dynamic selection on the Sales Data Upload screen on the entity Currency based on cube TEMP - ACT - DR - Sales LC. That way, when you select one country to load and publish the data for, the currency will be automatically detected. The instructions for the dynamic selection were missing from the build lessons in the course and have now been added.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Answers