Level 200, Module 210: Expense Planning Screen

Options

The data in the data table disappears after applying the default Screen selection for Country = "UK - United Kingdom."

Data will populate when the default Screen selections are set for Year and Currency per the instructions.

I've checked the Cube and procedures and they match the instructions in this module.

My only thought, is do I need to extend the Calculation Domain?

Thank you,

Valerie

Tagged:

Answers

• Willians Santana
    Options

Hi, @Valerie Ghio,

I hope you are having a great day!

Great question! Thanks for asking that.

In my perspective, yes.

I have executed that process and needed to enable the Extend Calculation in some procedures to get the results aimed at the Level 200 Course.

I also had a great conversation with @Kristin Dimitrova about that topic and would like to ask for her input on that.

"The golden rule, in such cases, is to use the extend because having the LAST VALUE option, the values we want to copy are potentially out from the Domain."

"Why does it work, then? Because in some cases Board can understand what we are doing and automatically extends even if we do not set the extend option."

Special thank you to @Kristin Dimitrova and @Andrea Scazzosi on that!

This is the reference I am using to respond to this post.

https://www.boardmanual.com/2021/summer/whats-new-release-notes/2022-summer-release/other-enhancements.htm?rhsearch=extend%20calculation&rhhlterm=extend%20calculated%20calculations%20calculation

Calculation domain definition

The calculation domain of functions is now defined with a new, more precise logic. This might generate different results of Dataflow calculations configured in previous Board versions: more specifically, we fixed a bug that automatically applied the "Extend calculation" option on Time Entities every time a function was in use, resulting in more data being written into the target Block.
    If you were happy with the behavior before the hotfix, we recommend reviewing the Dataflow outputs if they fall in the scenario mentioned above: if you notice a significant difference after upgrading to the 2022 Summer release, manually configure the "Extend calculation" option.

Please, let us know your thoughts about that.

We are all ears for you.

Best Regards,

Willians

• Gajendra Mohan Jha
    Options

@Kristin Dimitrova @Willians Santana I still face this issue, and even extending the calculation domain is not solving the problem. When I select Country as 'UK', the currency is not dynamically changing to GBP, however it happens correctly when the chosen country is Italy.

Any inputs on this would be of great help. Thanks!

• Willians Santana
    Options

Hi @Gajendra Mohan Jha, Thank you for your message! We do appreciate that.

Please, could you send me the screenshots with the detailed steps you are following to wsantana@board.com?

I will review them and respond to you as quickly as I can.

You are very welcome!

Best Regards,

Willians

• Gajendra Mohan Jha
    Options

Hi @Willians Santana

Thank you for your response. I have shared the details over email. Look forward to your guidance.

Appreciate your time on this!

• Vikash Gupta
    Vikash Gupta Employee
    First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Photogenic
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi, I had a call with Gajendra sometime back as part of our weekly catchup and was able to sort out this issue for him. So he is good for now and able to proceed further.

• Willians Santana
    Options

Awesome, @Gajendra Mohan and @Vikash Gupta!

Great news!

I am glad to know that!

Thank you for your message! I do appreciate that.

Please, let me know if you need any other action or information from me.

I will be available at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Willians Santana

• John Butler
    John Butler Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Comment
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Gajendra Mohan and @Vikash Gupta - What did you two do to fix the UK data from not populating? I'm running into a similar issue where I can get the Italian data to flow through, but when I get to the Functional testing, it's asking for UK data, and it isn't there. I seem to be missing that UK data as I've compared the file size of the cube with hers and it's half the size.

Thanks,
    John

• Dovydas
    Dovydas Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@John Butler - Okay so because this exercise runs off a TEMP cube, when you exit the application after completing 209 and come back to 210, the TEMP cube is empty as it doesn't get saved. Or at least that's what I understand. I had to go over the 209 lesson again, cleared the entities created in 209, reran the data readers, loaded the data again in Expense Data Upload, and the UK data was restored.

Let me know if that fixes it for you as well.

• Dovydas
    Dovydas Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Also "Functional test of the solution" section have good trouble shooting advice.