Format individual cells

Options

Dear All,

I have a question regarding formatting individual cells, is it possible to color a individual cell eg. if value is negative → green, if value is positive → red. I know the option color alert, but this has effect on the total column.

Is it possible to format individual values in a row/column?

Regards,

Wouter

Accepted Answer

• Giles Corner
    Giles Corner Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Wouter,

If I understand your question correctly you're looking to use alerts (conditional formatting) but with different logic dependent on the row. i.e. if the Country is Italy, green if value is greater than 15m.

This can be done using the alert function and a nested IF() statement.

1. Add the entity that is shown on the row as an entity block in the layout so it can be referenced in the IF statement (this block can be hidden
    2. Build your IF statement logic, this could use the AND() OR() operators. The output of the IF statement should be different values depending on the colours you want to use for the formatting
    3. Configure the Alert on the block you want to colour, this should be based on the algorithm block you have built in step (2)

Answers