Level 200 Module205: Italy Not populating

Options
Matthew Brown
Matthew Brown Customer
Name Dropper Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment
edited August 2023 in Academy

In the section where you create the procedure within the capsule, the UK data will load, but the Italy data will not.

I have checked the procedure within the data model (ACT - Sales Data Load), and the path/file is set to ALL.

• In the MAIN group, create a "Text file data reader" step for "ACT - Units and Sales". Set the path/file to: "All", select "Log file" and select: "Use current selection".

Am I missing anything? I don't want to proceed without the Italy data loading. I did have some issues loading Italy in prior steps, and this seems odd, but it magically started working.

Should I rework the Data Reader the procedure (ACT - Sales Data Load) calls?

(Data Model > Readers > ACT - Units and Sales Data Reader)

I have changed the pattern several different ways, using *Sales* in the Pattern seems like it should suffice.

Thanks in Advance Board friends!

Matt B

Answers

• Samson Sunny
    Options

Hi Matt,

There are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the issue:-

• Is the Italy file "IT_Sales_Data.csv" open in your system? If the file is open in the background, the data reader fails to run.
    • Kindly check the database(.hbmp) and the procedure execution logs to identify the step where the procedure is failing.
    • If the data reader step is failing, re-check the IT and UK data files, the data reader configuration, missing relationships between store-city-country entities.

Attaching the IT_Sales_Data if the format for your file has changed.

Thanks,

Samson.

• Matthew Brown
    Options

I have no idea what fixed it, but it's working now. I am thinking think this Italy file could've been opened, but where, I'm not sure sure….we don't have the azure data explore for training 201….

Also, I'm new to board - what is the .hbmp database, and how do you check it?

Thanks for the prompt replay Samon.

matt

• Matthew Brown
    Options

I am noticing log files when it does load like this, and they point out of memory issues. I saw this earlier when Italy wouldn't load. it seems like the training environments are pretty lean…this variability of it not working, then working, without me making any changes could explain things???

[Rec.0] Error : RBT0071 Out of Memory

• Samson Sunny
    Options

Hi Matthew,

This error is most likely due to the RAM or internal cache. To troubleshoot this issue we generally ask the customers to restart the Board services. Since you are working on a training environment, I would suggest you unload the database from the Summary tab in the data model.

Referring to your earlier query on the "hbmp", I was referring to the database logs which is often called as hbmp logs. This database log contains every action executed on the Database side, or from a Database procedure.

Thanks,

Samson.