Translation : Having different german translation per country

Options

Hello,

We are using cube language feature for entity member translation with following language : EN / FR / DE

Now, we have some country requirements to have german translation that should be different per country, eg:

• German for Switzerland
  • German for Austria
  • German for Germany

Is-it possible ?

regards

julien

Answers

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hello Julien,

From Localization I see the following languages:

• Swiss German (gsw)
    • German (de)
    • Low German (nds)

I am not sure if the above fully meets your expectations.

Regards,

Tommaso

• Julien CARDON
    Options

Hello Tommaso,

Thanks, yes I can see that in sys admin profile.

However it's not clear for me how to map cube translation on those codes.

regards

julien

• Domenico Panetta
    Options

Hi Julien,

check this page from the previous Board Manual: https://www.boardmanual.com/prev-man/Chapter_6_-_Database_Design_and_Management_files/Entities/Localization_of_entity_members.htm

Basically you need:

• a new entity called "LANGUAGE", filled with the language codes (gsw / de / nds)
    • one text cube FOR EACH entity you want to translate. The name of the cube must contain the name of the entity and the keyword "LOCALIZED" (i.e. "Product Localized")
    • those cube must have 2 dimensions: the entity you want to translate and the entity Language

At this point you can check this cube in a screen and fill it through data entry or using data readers.

Every user will see the new description according to their profile language.

Hope this helps

Domenico

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi Julien,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but when you say "We are using cube language feature for entity member translation with following language.." I expected that you already knew how to do that.

Anyway, following Domenico' s answer, here you can find the link to the latest board manual.

Let us know if you need extra clarification on this topic.

Best Regards,

Tommaso

• Julien CARDON
    Options

Hi Tommaso,

Thanks for your feedback.

I know how to use "localization of entity member" when there is only 1 german language shared for several countries. However here we need to have different german language according to the country.

For exemple, can I create 3 german language with different translation

• German - Switzerland
    • German - Germany
    • German - Austria

In that case what should be the member code in Language entity ?

• AT
    • DE
    • CH

or

• AT-DE
    • DE-DE
    • CH-DE

or

• DE-AT
    • DE-DE
    • DE-CH

Then once language member codes are created, how to setup Austrian to see translation in German for Austria ?

Do you know if it is feasible ?

Regards

Julien

• Tommaso Riva
    Options

Hi Julien,

the member code adopted in Board to identify the language, according to ISO 639-1 alpha-2 code, covers the registration of two-letter codes.

In addition, the default list of languages available in the User menu from the top menu does not include Austrian or Swiss.

Therefore, unfortunately there are no options in Board to get DE - AT, DE - CH languages for entity members.

We really apologize for the misunderstanding and any inconvenience caused by this topic.

Regards,

Tommaso