Level 200; Module 205; final check is not balancing

Options
Shannon
Shannon Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment

Upon the final check of data, everything lines up well, except for the GBP Sales Actuals Data screen.

I have walked through the module and rebuilt the entire procedure and data view several times, however am getting the same results.

The GBP report doesn't appear the same as the LC report in the numerical presentation. The dollars are not matching what the academy is showing for the GBP screen, however the LC screen does.

When the screen is filtered based on the required selectors per the lesson.

This is what my GBP screen is reporting:

This is what my LC screen is reporting (this matches the academy's GBP screen):

In the build of the ACT – Sales Data Publish; in step 4, there is a request for a ACT - DR - Units; however the build only has Temp - ACT - DR - Units or ACT - DF - Units. Is this a Typo, what should be used? Could this be causing my out of balance?

I would be greatlful if someone could please assist.

Tagged:

Answers

• Crystal Zhao
    Options

Hi Shannon,

I do believe that Step 4 should read "ACT - DF - Units."

As for your numbers being off, it appears that your conversion rate step of TEMP - ACT - DR - Sales LC x UTIL - FX Rates is using some very strange rate. ( 3,622/3,338,886=0.0108% instead of the numbers we expect.) Can you go back and try to follow the path of this FX rate to determine what happened? I would check to see if you possibly input the rates as being off by a multiple of 100 first.

• TJ Barber
    Options

Hey Shannon, there should not be an "ACT - DR - Units" cube in the course. It definitely should be "ACT - DF - Units". If you make that update does that fix the issue you are seeing? The typo in this location would cause a multitude of issues and may be the cause of what you are seeing. Let me know if that works otherwise we will keep investigating.

• Shannon
    Shannon Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Thank you for your responses. I changed the procedure and lost all of my data, so I deleted the report views, procedures, cubes and data readers and rebuilt everything. I was able to get details and tie to the Sales Data Upload report after rebuilding.

I am at the point of building the Sales Actual report and am not getting any dollars in the Layout screen at all for the ACT - DF - Sale GBP.

This is my procedure as it has been rebuilt:

I would appreciate some assistance on Monday if possible.

Thank you,

Shannon

• Shannon
    Shannon Active Partner
    Options

Update to my previous post, I was able to get data to populate after re-running the load and publish on the Sales Data Upload Report, however it is still the same values as I had previously.

When filtered for the review

Thank you for your anticipated response and assistance,

Shannon

• Shannon
    Shannon Active Partner
    Options

Is anyone from Board Academy available to review with me today?

@TJ Barber Any chance you have had an opportunity to review my postings from Friday night?

Very grateful for any assistance! Thank you, Shannon

• Kathy Long
    Options

@Shannon -

Try this for the Step 4 you mention above (I took Crystal's formula and applied it to step 4). It looks like the training module is utilizing units in the currency conversion, which doesn't make sense.

I tied to the training after I did this. Thanks for your post b/c I ran into the same issue. FYI you need to reload and republish the data for both Italy and the UK in your sales upload tab.

@Crystal Zhao - it looks like the module needs to be updated.

• Shannon
    Shannon Active Partner
    Options

Thank you for responding @Kathy, yes that is the exact approach I took after working with it. Thank you for sharing and confirming I headed in the right direction!