Update Data changes Colours in carthesien objects

Options

Hello everybody

I have a week based report that is updated each tuesday with the previous week data.

In the report itself it has a carthesien object showing the previous 7 weeks. The chosen Colour is "warm" (with yellow to red). Now when updateing the data and displaying the new week and the dismissing the week -8 the new week will have the colour yellow, instead of the deepest red.

Anyone faceing that problem to? Anybody haveing a solution? Because now it needs a "user licence" to update the report because you need manually change coulour and then save the screen.

Thank you in advance.

Manuela

Answers

• Samson Sunny
    Samson Sunny Employee
    April Badge of the Month Community Captain February Badge of the Month 5 Likes
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi Manuela,

Is this what you see for your Cartesian chart with the "Warn" Color Style?

Unfortunately this is how the "Warn" Color Style is pre-configured in Board. It resets back to the yellow colour after the 8th level.

You can raise a wish/idea in the Board community to add more color levels between the lowest yellow to highest red range.
    https://community.board.com/categories/idea-exchange

Thanks,
    Samson.

• Manuela Jucker
    Options

Hi Samson

No, that is not what I mean. We show in the object the past 7 Weeks and the 7th week should always be the darkest red one. The weeks are filtered by a cube that flags the past 7 weeks with a one. Every week it deletes the cube value in the (n-8) week and adds a 1 for the (n-1) week.

I reproduced it below with a change backwards. in the first picture the filtered weeks are 38 - 44.

In the 2nd picture the filtered weeks are 37 - 43. You see that the new week now is couloured in deep red but it should be the lightes yellow.

Once you click into the layout, change colour to another one and the again back to warm-Colour Style, then the colour starts with lightest yellow and ends with darkest red.